If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dress Like A Movie Star

If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!
I have never been one to dress according to what the trend is, I have my own style and I basically stick to it, regardless of whether it's the in thing or not. I'm also not a fashion guru. LOL. I dress according to my mood. My clothes also tend to be either in black, white, blue or red. I do have a couple of colored shirts in pink and yellow, but that's it. I don't know why but I was never colorful when it comes to clothing. For me, as long as you have the basics then you're good to go. Basic as in a shirt, jeans and shoes of course.

I have a lot of shoes, I have more shoes than clothes actually and I dress up my plain clothes with shoes. Lately I have been favoring skinny jeans because they are so comfy, and I dress them up with shoes. Most of time I feel like dressing casually so I don on my sneakers a comfy shirt or maybe a hoodie and I'm all set. When it's raining, I wear my skinny jeans with my boots, because I don't like my feet to get wet, and a long sweater. When I am feeling like I want to be glamorous, then I wear it with heels or a wedge. I think skinny jeans are awesome because they go with practically anything.


I have a few pieces of clothes that have brand names, but I don't think brands are all that. Once, I saw this dress on Guess and I fell in love with it, but I cried when I saw the price tag, it cost ₱6,000, I'm like, "Whaaaat?! ₱6,000 for that piece of cloth?", I didn't buy it because I guess it wasn't worth it. A couple of weeks later when I was in Manila, I saw the same design on another dress, except this one had no brand, and it cost ₱150. How's that for a major price difference? I would have bought it but it wasn't available in the color that I wanted.

Some people go with the newest trend, even if it's not applicable in their country, I mean I see people wearing winter clothes here for crying out loud, and we don't have winter because we are a tropical country. I mean it gets cold in some places, but not cold enough to wear winter jackets, just because the stars wear it and just because it's in, doesn't mean it looks good on you. LOL.

Dressing appropriately is not only common sense but it will save you from discomfort. Try wearing summer clothes in December, where the wind gets really cold (at least it does where I'm from) and you'll see what I mean. Shivering from the cold is totally a bummer. So dress appropriately, for the occasion, for the weather and for the place. Wearing your sweats in the mall is fine, but wearing it to an event, just cause it's comfy is just wrong. Duh. Also, you might want to skip the flip flops when you want to walk on the treadmill, tried it once just for the hell of it and it's so not comfy. I not only looked ridiculous (my sisters couldn't stop laughing at me!), it's hard to walk on those things normally if you're wearing flip flops! Lesson learned. Definitely wear proper work out clothes when working out.

If you want to dress like the celebrities, at least take the time to learn what looks good on you. Don't go trying too hard. Wear clothes that are appropriate for your body type. A size XL will not look good on a petite figure and a size XS will not look good on a voluptuous figure. Wear the right size and you're guaranteed to rock the outfit! I am not a fashion expert, but I know what looks good on me and I make sure I take a long hard look in the mirror before I leave the house.


Outlined Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Outlined Text Generator at TextSpace.net
ANE Thanks her First 2 Commenters with FCSB Points
Thank You for gracing me with your presence!

Mariuca
LadyJava

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin