If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top 10 Horror Movies (So Far)*

If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!
Top Ten {Tuesday}

Hey everyone! You all know how much I love memes right? Well, I found a great meme I can do for this blog on Tuesdays. I have Random Tuesday Thoughts on Life According to Me created by my fave superhero, The UnMom, so I thought I should have a Tuesday meme for this blog as well, and I found this great meme created by Amanda over at OhAmanda. I love this meme because I love making lists. Since this is an entertainment blog, my Top Ten Tuesday posts will be something related to anything fun and amusing, at least I hope you find it so.

As with any meme, just click on the badge, and link up. Don't forget to tell Amanda I sent you, so she'll know how awesome I am.

Let's get it on!

This week, I'm going to feature my Top Ten Horror Movies. So what is a horror movie? It's the kind of movie that disturb your mind and make you feel so scared you want to hide under your covers, it's the kind of movie that will keep you awake for days or weeks because of fright. I'm such a scaredy cat but I do love watching scary movies because it gets my blood pumping. I do have an over active imagination so a really good scary movie is bound to keep me up for at least a week.

Here are my Top Ten Horror Movies in no particular order, and remember, these movies are scary to ME, I'm not claiming they're the scariest out there. I've also added a freak out rate for each movie, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

1. The Ring (Japanese version)

The American version was okay, but it was only scary because of the effects. I find the Japanese version scarier. Sadako is definitely more frightening than Samara. I don't know if I believe in curses and stuff like that, but it's pretty freaky, if you haven't seen the Japanese version, you're missing out on some serious scare fest. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhahhah

2. Ju-On (The Grudge Japanese Version)

The Japanese certainly know how to create scary movies! Again, the American version was okay, scary indeed but the Japanese version was waaay scarier. I had a hard time accepting the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar A.K.A. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was scared out of her wits. So anyway, the Japanese version was just so sick! You know that part where she was taking a shower and there was a hand on her head?! I couldn't take a shower alone after that, I had to have my sister, Joy, to accompany me in the bathroom. And you can forget about hiding under the covers, because she is freaking there! There were seriously scary scenes in this movie. Plus that kid, Toshio (To-shi-yo) was freakin' creepy. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhahhah

3. Wrong Turn

I love Eliza Dushku and I love/hate this movie! It's a good thing I'm not the outdoorsy type of person, what with all the deformed cannibals hiding in the woods in the middle of nowhere. Scary sh*t just because it can happen. There are people who are deformed because of inbreeding and who knows where they are hiding, right? So yeah, no camping for me, thank you very much. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhah

4. The Hills Have Eyes (Unrated 2006 Version)

Wes Craven is one helluva sick man. This is another movie about deformed cannibals hiding out in the middle of nowhere, preying on people who are stupid enough to get lost even with a map. This time their deformations were said to be caused by radioactivity caused by nuclear testing in the area. This one freaked me out so badly because of the part where the breastfeeding mom was assaulted and the freak breastfed on her, I was breastfeeding at the time and it just freaked me out so badly, I found that particular scene so disturbing. As well as the part where the other girl was being raped while everyone else was busy trying to extinguish her father who was tied to a tree and was set on fire. If this movie doesn't scare you, or at least disturb you, then you are a robot. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah

5. The Exorcism of Emily Rose

This movie is scary especially if you are a religious person. This scared me because I am a bit religious and they say that the devil usually prey on people who are religious just to test their faith in the lord. They say the more faith you have, the higher the chance that the devil will test your faith and will try to make break that faith. The part where the haunting start happening at 3 a.m. freaked me out because I always wake up around that time to pee, because I was pregnant with Lucas then, and after seeing this movie, I couldn't pee alone, I had to wake B or turn on all of the lights. LOL. According to the movie, 3 a.m. is when the devil usually start to make its presence known as a mock to Jesus Christ being crucified at 3 p.m.

Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah

So yeah, I don't know why I even watch these kinds of movies when I know for a fact that I am a scaredy cat.

6. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

If Freddy Krueger doesn't scare you then that guy on Jeepers Creepers won't too. I mean come on, someone killing you in your sleep? If you're not safe in your mind while you sleep, then you're never safe. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhah

7. Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2

A creature called "The Creeper", who comes out every 23rd Spring and feeds for 23 days. He feeds on people's body parts, when he eats the body part it becomes a part of him. Kinda scary, especially the part where he sews the skin of his victims together to create like a sheet of some kind and lines the church walls. That 1983 song of the same title added a creepy touch to the first movie. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhah

8. Paranormal Activity

When my sister told me that this movie was "based on true events" it really freaked me out, but when I found out it was all fake, I was pissed off because I was scared out of my wits. I mean if it happened to somebody else, it can very well happen to me, so I was scared. Katie and Micah were actors and none of it was real. Still, if you watch it without knowing that, it is pretty scary. There are 3 different endings to this movie. One ends with Katie sitting by the bed, rocking back and forth holding the knife she just killed Micah with. Another ends with Katie throwing Micah's dead body across the room towards the camera, then she runs to the camera on the floor, gives a creepy smile and shuts it off. Another one ends with Katie being shot by the police, I didn't see that one but they said that it happened out of the view of the camera and only the sounds were heard. Freak out rating: hahhahhah

9. Shutter (American Version)

This one is really scary. I have not seen the Japanese version, but the American version freaked me out so badly! I am a camera whore and I love to take pictures of myself and the kids and everything really, but when I saw this, I didn't want to take my picture for fear that I might see something in the picture other than what is supposed to be captured on there. The ending where the ghost was sitting on Joshua Jackson's character just about gave me a heart attack. Now whenever I have an ache on my back near the shoulder blades, I freak out and pray hard. See, over active imagination. LOL. Freak out rating: hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah

10. The Unborn

Demons freak me out more than ghosts. Ghosts are people. Demons are creatures that are supposed to be in hell but somehow have found a way into our world. Scary thought. I give this movie a freak out rating of hahhahhahhahhah.

There are still a lot of horror movies I haven't seen, and I bet there are others scarier than the ones on this list. If you have a horror movie you've seen that isn't on the list, please let me know in the comments section.



Outlined Text Generator at TextSpace.net
Outlined Text Generator at TextSpace.net



ANE Thanks her First Commenter with linky love
Thank You for gracing me with your presence!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin