If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

P.S. I Love You (2007)*

I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago and I cried buckets!nangih It wasn't a very sad movie, but there were just scenes that tugged at my heart strings and made me cry like a baby. I don't think there was a movie that made me cry like P.S. I Love You did, I didn't even cry during Titanic which is why I think it was so weird that this movie made me cry so hard!nangih

P.S. I Love You is a 2007 film by Warner Bros. It stars Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby, Freedom Writers) and Gerard Butler (300, The Ugly Truth), with Lisa Kudrow (Friends, The Comeback), Gina Gershon (What Love Is, Ugly Betty {3 Episodes}), James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel), Kathy Bates (Fred Claus, The Golden Compass), Harry Connick Jr. (Bug, Living Proof) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural) to name a few.

DON'T READ THE BLOCK QUOTED PART IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE MOVIE.
P.S. I Love You is a story about how Hilary Swanks' character, Holly Kennedy, who tries to move on after her husband, Gerry played by Gerard Butler, dies of cancer. Even in death, Gerry tries to help Holly find a way to be happy again and move on with her life through a series of letters ended by the phrase, "P.S. I Love You". Understandably, it's not easy to move on after the love of your life dies, so after the wake and everything, she goes home to their apartment and literally stays there in her husband's shorts, shirt and suspenders, until her friends and family came over for her 30th birthday 3 weeks after, but that's not the only surprise for her for that day. A cake arrives for her and oddly enough it said it was from her dead husband Gerry. She thought that a prank was being played on her by her brother in law, John (James Marsters), but then a tape recorder came with it and when she played it, she found out that it did come from Gerry. In the tape recorder, Gerry tells Holly that he has written letters for her that will come in a variety of ways and that she should do as he ask. So the series of letters come and it does make her feel better. Her mother played by Kathy Bates isn't as open minded about the whole thing as everybody seemed to be, she thought that Holly was just going to end up hurt even more than necessary and she wanted Holly to stop waiting for the letters to come and just live her life, urging her to date Daniel played by Harry Connick Jr. She gets fired from her job as a real estate agent when she sticks up for a guy who is being pushed around by his wife about getting the apartment she was showing them, the guy clearly doesn't want the house but the girl wouldn't let him get a word in, so she tells her off and then she gets fired. Gerry arranged a trip to Ireland, where she goes with her friend Denise (Lisa Kudrow) and sister, Sharon (Gina Gershon). When they got to Ireland, Denise and Sharon find letters that Gerry left them with instructions on where to bring Holly and what to do, the first order of business was for them to go to a bar, where they met this gorgeous Irish musician, William (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). The attraction between William and Holly is evident the moment they met, but Holly is unsure whether to pursue having a fling with this guy because of Gerry, so she didn't. The next day, the three of them went fishing, as per the request of Gerry, they sucked at it and ended up getting stranded. Sharon reveals that she is pregnant and that Denise is getting married. Soon after that, William, who also works as a coast guard, rescues them. That night she sleeps with him. After that, she finds out that William is Gerry's best friend, she gets all freaked out, but then she calms down when William consoles her and offers to tell her stories about Gerry. William's stories inspires her to go and meet Gerry's parents, she's never met them before because they are in a different country and she felt that Gerry's mom hated her for taking Gerry away from them. Gerry's parents welcomes her and they have a talk about how Gerry was and then she found out that Gerry left her a letter there, somehow he knew that she was going to go visit his parents even though that wasn't part of the plan. The letter makes her reminisce about the first time they met and she ends up in tears, happy tears. When she got back from her trip to Ireland, she once again locked herself in her apartment. Gerry promised her that he'll help her find another job. During her 3 week hiatus in her apartment, she then realized her love for shoes, so she went to her friend Denise and then she offered to make her shoes for her wedding day. After weeks of not getting any letters from Gerry, she becomes sad and she and her mother get into a fight, she ends up hurting her mother's feelings but then realizes that she needs to stop waiting for a dead man's letters because he's just that, dead. She goes to her mom and apologizes, then her mom reveals the last letter, apparently, she has been the one sending the letters because it was Gerry's dying wish that she do it for him. After that final letter, she tries to move on and goes on a date with Daniel, but both of them realize that they are better off as friends. Holly opens her own shoe boutique and becomes successful at it. Obviously she has moved on and is happy now. After a few weeks or so, she takes her mom to Ireland to meet Gerry's parents and she runs into William again, and the attraction is still there. The movie ends with Holly smiling at William and her mother grinning from ear to ear.
Okay, so I loved the movie!love It made me cry like a baby and Lucas was looking at me like I was a crazy person.gile He didn't know why I was breaking out into tears and it freaked him out a little and when he was close to tears, I'd laugh, which explains why he thought I was crazy, LOL.gelakguling Like I said a while back, the movie isn't particularly very sad, but there were just some parts that really made me cry.nangih I think the reason it made me cry was because I put myself in Holly's shoes and can't imagine ever moving on without B. I prefer dying before B, and he knows that, but then again, we'll never know who gets to go first and that's what terrifies me. That part of the movie where she listens to her husband's voice on the tape recorder telling her about the letters and then he ends it with the phrase, "P.S. I Love You", that made me cry like crazy, and while she was sulking, my heart was heavy for her.nangih This movie is definitely one of my favorites now, and I intend to buy the DVD and watch it over and over again.

Here's the trailer for those of you who haven't seen the movie.



Go see it, you'll love it!

Outlined Text Generator at TextSpace.net


ANE Thanks her First Commenter with linky love
Thank You for gracing me with your presence!

WOAFS

5 comments:

Mariuca said...

:* :* :* :*

Mariuca said...

Hey Ane!

Mariuca said...

Oh I've seen this one Ane, yay! Loved it too! Very sweet of the hubby right? :* :* :*

Mariuca said...

And nice to see "Phoebe" in da movie too! :-D :-D

Bill said...

i saw this also with the wife and it was pretty good. I like the plot about the different letters. It was worth the money. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin