If it's your first time here, you might want to subscribe to my RSS feed or via e-mail, check out my sidebar. You can also donate for my amusement fund or buy me coffee, whatever floats your boat. Thanks for being here, do leave your URL so I can return the favor! Have fun reading stuff that amuse me and I hope you find yourself amused too!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

ANEticing Celebrity: Brendan Fraser*

I just love Brendan Fraser!love He's not particularly good looking off the bat, but he does have this face that grows on you, you know?sengihnampakgigi I absolutely loved him in The Mummy Trilogy, I love his character and I don't think anybody else could have played that part.sengihnampakgigi

I first saw Brendan Fraser in the movie School Ties (1992), where he stars alongside Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris O'Donnell. The movie is set in the 50's where he plays a middle class Jew who gets a scholarship into an elite prep school because he's good at football, but then he's religious background hinders him from having any friends and gets him into a cheating scandal when a classmate of his accuses him of cheating, but at the end the truth comes out, his classmate gets expelled and he remains in school. My favorite tag line in the movie was, "Just Because You're Accepted Doesn't Mean You Belong.", it's the same story everywhere, in whatever time.

Then I saw him on Mrs. Winterbourne (1996) and I just absolutely adored him from then on. The movie was about a pregnant woman who meets a couple in a train when the train crashes, she is mistakenly identified as the woman whom she met on the train. The girl's husband's family takes her in where she meets the husband's twin brother, she falls in love with him. Everything is going well until the father of her child appears, but then everything works out in the end because Brendan Fraser's character is in love with the girl as well.

George of the Jungle(1997) was a Disney film, it had the whole Tarzan theme to it. This movie showed his funny and hunky side and everyone knows a funny, hunky guy equals a dreamy guy.

Then I saw him on Bedazzled(2000) where he stars opposite Elizabeth Hurley. He became one of my favorite actors because of that movie, and I can watch that movie over and over again without ever getting tired of it. Bedazzled is a movie about a guy, who is hopelessly in love with this girl but then he doesn't have the courage to tell her, to top it all off, everyone pushes him around because they let him. So one day, the devil, played by Elizabeth Hurley, comes to him and gives him 7 wishes in exchange for his soul, so he doesn't believe it and agrees right off the bat. Of course since he made the deal with the devil, you can expect that the devil would twist his wishes around and all his wishes come out wrong. Finally he can't take it, so he opts out but then the Devil says he can't, so he refuses to make his final wish, which angers the devil and reveals his ugly self, so he was forced to make a final wish, and he makes a selfless wish, which breaks the treaty he made with the devil, so he gets his soul back and he finally had the courage to ask the girl of his dreams out on a date and she said yes.

Then came The Mummy Trilogy, I watched all three because of him, and I enjoyed all 3 films!sengihnampakgigi



So anyway, Brendan James Fraser was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on December 3, 1968. He was raised in Holland, Switzerland, and Canada. He is both American and Canadian. He attended the Upper Canada College in Toronto, the Actors' Conservatory and the Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle. In 1998, he was hailed by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. I couldn't agree more!sengihnampakgigi

his cameo on G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra as Sgt. Stone

There is absolutely no doubt that Brendan Fraser has made his mark on Hollywood. I can't wait to see more of him!sengihnampakgigi I can't wait to see him in his upcoming film called Extraordinary Measures set for release in 2010. Check out the trailer below.



ANE Thanks her First Commenter with linky love
Thank You for gracing me with your presence!

OBMS

6 comments:

gagay said...

chop!!!

gagay said...

ate ane!!ill be back!!!doc is calling us!urgh >:o >:o >:o >:o

gagay said...

i promise to read when i get bak home ;)

gagay said...

whew!did i make a chop!?! =-O

gagay said...

can i have pmd?LOL! ;)

gagay said...

ill be back!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin